Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sadly we ended the show season on a low note. I had high hopes for the new show the Zembo Temple was putting on, and the price was right for a two day event. Alas, no matter how good the price was, when no people show up to shop, the purpose is defeated.

But I'm always trying to look for the silver (sterling silver that is) lining, I was able to put almost all of the necklaces and bracelets into a local consignment shop. That was on Monday. By Saturday, a necklace and a bracelet had been sold! This shop has two options for payment. One is to pay $50 a month for space, the other is to pay commission. I'm opting for the $50 a month. Sure, it'll be slow in Jan/Feb/March, but December's Christmas shopping should offset the cost. At least, that's what I'm hoping will happen. I've also prepaid for a year of premium service on ArtFire. It's $100 for a year prepaid. I'm thinking about using that store for beads and calling it The Beadwhisperer Merchantile. I have been stockpiling beads (buying multiple strands when I have the opportunity) with this project in mind. We'll see.

The applications are rolling in for the 2010 shows already, and Joe and I have to have our end of year 'staff meeting' to discuss 2010. Every year we get our act together a little more. 2010 may be the best yet!

No comments: