Sunday, October 12, 2008

One more down...

And the Fall Show Series continues! Four down, three to go. I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the one in two weeks, though. I don't think it's going to be worth my while to spend a whole weekend there. This one we just finished was a two day event. At least it was 9 miles from home.

I've had a bellyful of helicopter parents, snotty kids, aloof teenagers, and slack jawed yocals. A woman, who bought a custom chain maille bracelet and earrings back in March, came up to me and announced SHE has learned to do it too, and she'd LOOVE for us to get a booth together. Are you shitting me, woman? I was so mad I could have spit, but a day later I've calmed down sufficiently. It was nice to be the only one in the are doing chain maille in colors, and so now there will be two. I'll just have to make sure we don't have overlapping shows, I guess.

I'm ready for bed and it's not even eight o'clock. Joe's snoring on the couch with Grunt, one of the barn cats, they look very comfortable, and that's making me even sleepier. Yaaawn.

Back to the grind, gotta make more stuff this week. At least earrings. Not much of the high end stuff is moving, I guess it's the economy stupid.

And after two consecutive weeks of Obama signs, Obama stickers, and Obama supporters, we saw some McCain signs. This was the hotbed of soccer moms and good ole boys, so I'm not surprised. I AM surprised, however, that semi-intelligent adults think Obama is an Arab (say it, A-Rab) and that he's a mole, sent to infiltrate the country and turn it over to Bin Laden and friends. That's how he got thru law school, you know, his family was poor, yet he wen to college.
HAVEN'T YOU IDIOTS EVER HEARD OF STUDENT LOANS?? Bah. I'm not arguing with anyone about it anymore.

No comments: