Monday, October 27, 2008

Hm

Sometimes I wonder why I do what I do for fun.

This weekend was not a total bust. But it could have been. At least we made booth on day one, and day two was 'gravy'. Not thick, rich yummy gravy, but watery thin gravy. S'okay. Some people didn't sell anything.

The most trying part of the weekend (besides trying to keep Joe from sleeping in the chair) was the two lovely ladies down from us. I know them, and they MAKE JEWELRY TOO. (as does everyone and their dog it seems) Anyway. They spent the whole weekend trotting back and forth between our booths asking if we sold anything. This annoys me because it's nobody's damn business WHAT we sold or what we made.

Alas. The situation lends itself to some exaggeration sometimes.

Then there was the financial advisor guy next to us. With the personality of a carp, and the people skills of an iron skillet. Cutting up egg cartons with scissors to make 'planes' for the kiddies while he tried to talk their parents about 401Ks and investments. The planes didn't fly, and neither did his pitch.

There were clowns too. This was the Fellini Craft Show. Seriously.

Three weeks off, then the big one. We're going to Philly for some culture (and smoked Provolone, AND a Nicks Roast Beef) next weekend. After that, don't bother me, I'll be in crisis.

No comments: